"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles M. Schulz 💜🍫 We wanted to make some raw bites and ended up creating this chocolate truffles with caramelized nuts as we run out of dates. They are pure SOULFOOD. 🌺
Recipe (18 Servings)
- 1 Cup raw chocolate powder
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil - 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 tsp cold water - 1/4 Cup maple syrup or agave syrup ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Any Nuts you like to caramelize (we used walnuts & cashews)
- 1 tbsp water - 1-2 tsp coconut oil - 1 tbsp coconut sugar - pinch of sea salt ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This is how we do it:
1. Melt coconut oil in a pot on low heat, then transfer it to a bowl.
2. Add salt and maple syrup/agave syrup and whisk until evenly mixed in coconut oil.
3. Add cocoa powder and mix it well.
While constantly mixing, add cold water, 1/2 tsp at a time. (Don't panic! The chocolate mixture will at this stage look as though it has split.)
4. Put the bowl into the freezer for about 20 minutes or until the chocolate mixture sets solid.
Take the chocolate mixture out of the freezer. It should be solid, but flexible.
5. Spoon about 1 tbsp of the chocolate mixture and form it into a round truffle with your hands.
6. Cut the nuts in small pieces & fry them in a pan with the water, oil, salt & coconut sugar. Let them cool down.
7. Roll the truffles in the caramelized nuts. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Enjoy this ultimative chocolate heaven! 🦋💜