We've been practicing Matsyendrasana - sitting spinal twist in class lately so I thought to share some of the awesome benefits 🧘🏻♀️
1. - Increases the elasticity of the spine, tones the spinal nerves and improves the functioning of the spinal cord
2. - Stretches the muscles on one side of the body whilst compressing the muscles on the other side
3. - Relieves back pain and stiffness from between the vertebrae
4. - Useful for slipped disc
5. - Massages the abdominal organs and increases the digestive juices making it useful for loss of appetite and constipation
6. - Useful for diabetics, with concentration on the pancreas
7. - Regulates the secretion of bile and adrenaline
8. - Relieves tension that may have built up in the back from forward and back bending asanas
9. - Opens the chest and increases the oxygen supply to the lungs
10. - Loosens the hip joints, relieving stiffness
11. - Releases tension in the arms, shoulders, upper back and neck
12. - Increases purification of the blood as well as the internal organs
13. - Improves round shoulders
#yogagoals 🧘🏻♂️ #yogalove 🧘♀️ #spiritual ✨ #asana#bethegood 🥰🎉 #kindnessmatters 🌱 #selfawareness 🥳 #thankfulforyou 🙏🏼 #begrateful 🙏🏼 #makeadifference 💕 #thesemoments 🌸 #badassyogamakers 🧘♀️💖🎉 #letsstartyoga 👏🏻 #beagoddess 💯 #myyoga 🧘♀️✨ #myyogalife 🥰👍🏼 #sothankful 🎉🌿 #yogaanywhere 🧘🏻♂️❤️ #yogi 🧘🏻♂️ #riseandshine ☀️ #energyhealing ✨ #confidence ✔️ #goforit 🥰 #thursdaymotivation
I keep forgetting to post this, from none other than @jaimeinnis. But people, stop asking for breastfeeding advice from people whose sole purpose is to sell you supps and convince you to become a coach so they can make money off of you! When I swiped on this, it led me straight to her boot camp sign up group. 😑 I know that internet has been a source of support and help for my friends who breastfed, but always check with your doc or lactation consultant!
So I have this habit of making things for people that I meet on this journey of life I’m on. I have been blessed to meet some very kind and special people though my travels. I recently found out that someone is finished with their job here and will be heading back home to Colorado so this means that I will more than likely never cross paths with her again. As sad as that is to me I’m ok with it! I have met so many people in my 37 years that I will always have a place for in my heart and she is definitely one of those people. I wanted her to remember me and to know that she is special. She didn’t know my background or much at all about my life and either do I about her but when people just have this light about them it doesn’t matter!
I chose the thunderbird because she is in the Air Force and to me anyone who serves for my country is honorable no matter what their job is so I stamped “she who is brave is free” because I believe in her bravery and courage as she serves her country , The Land of the Free🇺🇸!
I can’t 😭😭.....He’s just too handsome for words! I hope he knows how much he is loved by both of us (his parents) and that he truly feels it each and everyday. I’m so thankful he gets to experience the benefits and beauty of recovery and healing. One day he will understand all of this. He’s worth it all! Coparenting takes two committed, mature adults who come together with clear boundaries and respect for one another; to mutually nurture, love and pour into their child. It can be a hard road, yet somewhere we have found the ‘sweet spot’ and I’m forever grateful we found it when we did. If you know my coparent, you know this journey. I’m thankful for him today, that we made this beautiful boy together and that his life has taught me so much about myself, forgiveness, unconditional love, self love, and courage. #feelfreetosendmycoparentascreenshot#thankfulforyou#adultswhorespect#raisingyourkidsright#coparentssharingphotos