⚡️SOLD⚡️ New Old Stock Cattaraugus Cleaver, in the original shipped box, circa 1938! Features an unused, mirror polished, high carbon vanadium steel blade, with a fresh, razor sharp, single beveled edge. Checkered ebonite pistol grip handle provides a very comfortable, secure grip. Overall mint condition, includes the original cardboard sheath and box featuring a 7¢ Andrew Jackson stamp & an 8¢ Martin Van Buren stamp, both issued in 1938. SPECS: 5" blade, 10" OAL. $, free Priority shipping in the US.
Brief History: The Cattaraugus Cutlery Company began as the New York distribution company J.B.F. Champlin and Son, founded by John Champlin and his son Tint in 1882. The Champlins expanded into knife production, and along with William R. Case and his brothers, they formed Cattaraugus Cutlery in 1886, based in Little Valley, NY. The company hired expert cutlers from Germany, England, and other U.S. manufacturers, to produce high quality cutlery. Admiral Byrd selected Cattaraugus knives to take on his expedition to the South Pole.
Over time, the Case family separated from Cattaraugus to form W. R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co., incorporated in 1905. Cattaraugus closed business in 1963.
PLEASE READ BEFORE BIDDING:
1. Auction ends TONIGHT at 10PM EST. If a bid is placed in the last MINUTE I will give a few minutes for a counter bid, so pay attention.
2. Someone start us off and then we will go in $5 OR MORE increments from there.
3. PLEASE REFRESH post PRIOR to bidding and scan comments to see what the highest bid is.
4. MUST PAY VIA PAYPAL WITHIN AN HOURS END OF AUCTION.
5. Free shipping in the US only. International bidders pay shipping.